First time road legal in two years. Took a while to get her to start, but finally fired up. Went for a little cruise to air the tires up, and wash the first layer of dirt off. The rear-view mirror fell off driving down the road, probably due to sitting out side for a year. I kept it running while at the car wash just in case it died, but it died mid wash anyways and didn’t want to start again. I had to call the neighbor to give me a jump.
The to-do list is pretty long. Just to get it road worthy, I need to:
- Fix the brakes (pulls hard to the right when trying to stop)
- New shocks/struts
- Fix the steering (it tends to wander about), wearing the inner edge of the front tires.
Then the non-safety related list:
- Tune the 5.0 (get the most I can out of it while I save up for an LS swap)
- New door locks
- Fix driver side interior door handle.
- Sub-frame connectors
- Fix the short in the stereo.
- New rear spoiler
- New window motors (slow as molasses)
- Weatherstripping for driver side door.
- Redo the front seats
Down the road:
- LS swap
- New paint.
My goal is for it to be my summer DD, occasional test and tune drag runs at Gateway, and maybe some autocross.